Monday, January 12, 2009

A Problem With Serums...and the Moon

I looked out at the window of my Caledon lab. Night was coming quickly and I needed to get to Steelhead. Whatever that serum was that I had been given last month, I could not reverse it myself and was a bit nervous about what I was becoming. Was I pleased to have bigger kitty paw feet? Not really.Was I pleased that my shapeshifting had been compromised, my fangs even sharper and more elongated and my hair was now to my knees like The Elf (who saw me and said I looked positively vampiric)? NO...By the time I made it to the warehouses, the full moon was coming out and I realized that my original purpose for being there had to be put on hold for a bit. Now that truly ticked me. Everything seemed rather heightened, even for me. I usually have sharp senses anyway, being a cat and all, but this...this was different. I am not normally afraid, but something inside of me felt as if it needed to spring free. My God, it was like instant feral feline...but worse...
I barricaded myself in Warehouse No.2, with the doorway and trap door nailed shut as I did not trust myself or the safety of others around me. How long would this last? Was this condition the trade-off for my life itself as I should be on life #5 instead of #4 right now? Having been saved instead, I had not been allowed to transition. Was this to be my fate until the next time I did? I laid on the ground swearing at my current misfortune...
Mr Quan stopped by to check on me. I warned him to stay on the other side. He tried to raise my spirits by stating that with the governments and citizens of New Babbage and other nations in such flux right now, that they were ripe for kitty revolution. That did indeed bring a smile on my face until he felt emboldened to make fun from the other side of the boards--comparing me to one of those lycans due to my werecat transformation. I took a swipe at him. I will be free tomorrow Mr Quan. Let us hear your jokes then...I tossed and turned fitfully, my mind consumed with thoughts of rage and anger--even moreso than normal. For those who know me, that is quite saying something. At some point I must have finally dozed as I awoke and stretched to the first rays of the sun, transformed back to my normal neko self once more...
Doctor Mason, you and I shall be having a chat soon. *sharpens her claws to very sharp points*

No comments: