Tuesday, January 6, 2009

From the Mouth of My Sister Muffy...

You know that character in Jane Austen novels? The one who is silly and naive--an innocent who is ever-so-slightly daft? Well, that is my twin sister Prudence ("Muffy") in a nutshell.

My favorite Muffy-isms:
"Oh, Malegatto...but did you REALLY have to eliminate them?"

"Malegatto, you should settle down and find a nice, handsome, respectable tom to have kittens with. I know a nice stripey fellow for you, and I know how much you like golden eyes..."

"I picked some flowers today! They were so pink and yellow. I like yellow. I saw a pony and a rainbow and fluffy clouds!"

"Malegatto, minions are people too!"

"Do you have to take over the world today? Here, have a cupcake."

Muffy: "But does the automaton thingie NEED to destroy things?"
Me: "Yes"
Muffy: "Not the pretty ponies!"
Me: "DEFINITELY the pretty ponies!"

*sighs*

1 comment:

Rhianon Jameson said...

Ah, sisters! What can one do with them? And ponies! One is reminded of the verse from the mad-scientist ditty "Skullcrusher Mountain":

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you
But I get the feeling that you don't like it.
What's with all the screaming?
You like monkeys, you like ponies,
Maybe you don't like monsters so much,
Maybe I used too many monkeys.
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?