Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rodent...It's What's for Dinner

I'm sure that if you are a regular reader of this aethernet journal, then you know about my love of a hearty rat stew or mouseheads lightly drizzled with anchovy oil. While you lily-stomached types recoil in disgust, it is quite a savory dish in feline circles. Seems that in some human circles, rodents make a lovely meal as well, as seen in the recipes mentioned HERE.

Oh, never fear...Willard and Chuckles are safe. I think those two would be a bit...tough to digest. Chester, on the other hand, is one word too many towards making his way into a simmering pot!

4 comments:

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

/me feels my toast come back up... poor wee mouseyt :-S

Rhianon Jameson said...

I must say that, when watching "Ratatouille" the other night, I thought of how useful you would be, Dr. Alter. Was it wrong of me to root against the rats?

Frau A. S. Lowey said...

Well, you work with what is avaialable. http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bizarre_Foods/ci.Nutria_Gumbo.show?vgnextfmt=show

I was unable to find the muskrat recipes, unfortunately.

Evil Tiny Kitty said...

I am almost always rooting against the rats, so no...not wrong at all Miss Jameson.

And Frau Lowey, I do believe that gentleman has also consumed cane rat in Uganda as well.

All of this talk is making me quite hungry. One thing about having a place on the docks is the abundance of food.