Monday, September 8, 2008

A Most Disturbing Situation...

"You BIT a DUCHESS!" I screamed today, pacing back and forth in the private room of my lab. My green eyes were filled with anger as I looked at Mr Quan. "A DUCHESS! Now you have gone and attracted the attention of Dr Mason and the Baron Wulfenbach and truly put yourself on the radar of two of the most powerful Sparks in the nation! Your antics in the past have made me both alternately angry and amused, but this?!" I could not hold back a hiss...
He prostrated himself low before me and explained the situation...He had met a vampyr queen, who had invited him to her palace and fed him kibble. He was not turned, he explained. He held up a vial of wormwood potion and showed me his teeth. "See? They have returned to normal." My eyes narrowed and my hand stayed on the hawthorn stake concealed by the folds of my skirts...
I welcomed her Grace Kiralette Kelley to the Lab to tell me her side of the story. According to the Duchess, Mr Quan is a great source of comfort to her and a friend, and when she leaned over to pick him up, he lightly nipped her. Chagrined at his actions, he tried to lick her wound clean afterwards. She implored me not to harm him. I looked at both felines with concern. Her Grace is now unable to control her shapeshifting and after the nip, she was disoriented and hungry, and God only knows if Mr Quan still has this vampyric virus still running through his veins. I hoped that it was a virus that would pass, but I have doubts. I have consulted Dr Mason for his medical advice, as I do so hate concocting supernatural preventative medicines and antidotes. I can assure you that it has nothing to do with his family curse in any way. In the meantime, I shall have my stake and sword at the ready as I have found that holy water only serves to make the vampires rather...angry. Now that is a story for another time.

As for Mr Quan, if I must put him down, I am sad to say that I will do so without hesitation...

1 comment:

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

Your account is sufficiently reassuring that I will inform the Jägermonsters to stand down.

At least... from a vampire hunt.

[bows warily]

Klaus Wulfenbach