Thursday, March 12, 2009

Will Power, Will Power, Will Power...

Last night I looked up and there it was. I whispered to myself "Oh no..."
Everything felt warm for a few moments as I lay on the roof of the warehouse. I pulled out my hairpins, my hair falling freely for once. I ran a tongue along my longer fangs and then it hit...I jumped down gracefully from the roof, landing on the pier below. I laughed at the utter ease of it. Everything was a blur as I ran through the town at a pace that exhilarated me. I was faster and stronger--words can not truly describe the feeling of running on pure instinct. My thoughts then started to come by in flashes...rushed, angry, more incoherent. I paused at some places...
Thinking both "No", "Yes" and "Next time" as my senses tried to overtake me...I heard something the Sheriff told me in my mind like a far-off echo, about "will power" and "controlling the beast". I knew then that I had to get to the warehouse. I do not remember the rest of the evening. Awaking with the dawn, I got up from where I had curled up in a ball on the floor and groggily made my way outside. As I surveyed the scattered pieces of my poor tock lobster, it seems that I made it back indeed.

I shall get my tools now...

No comments: