Friday, April 3, 2009

In Defense of Evil Geniuses...AND Lawyers

Doctor Obolensky was recently served papers in Babbage as it seems a lawsuit is being filed against him by Steelhead resident Miss Eugenia Burton. Seems she is a supernatural djinni who broke her ankle when she fell from a high height--her powers having failed upon her being allegedly affected by a reality enforcing device. Doctor O. has since replied to these charges, but it looks like he could possibly be brought to trial for this.

As an "evil" genius myself, I am watching this a bit as I have been known to create a few devices of dubious purpose myself. I could not help but to chuckle a bit at the Doctor's reply, as I did agree with quite a bit of it.

I am not too worried for Doctor O though. We "evil" geniuses get such a bad rap. One does not reach the overly ripe old age of 108 in our profession without having been there-done that a few times (or being exposed to some kind of chemical/rays). I can tell you from experience. A town got levelled once (or twice), killer tomatoes invaded a port village, what that green goo was and how that minion ended up "falling" overboard on my airship that time? How did all of that happen? No idea whatsoever. *whistles*

Say what you will about them, but for us mad scientist "evil" genius types, a good lawyer is priceless.

2 comments:

Rhianon Jameson said...

I'll grant you, Doctor, that the world would be so much duller without evil geniuses. Indeed, the do-gooders really haven't kept pace in providing entertainment value. Where are the fantastical devices created to capture or thwart the forces of evil? Where are the innovative costumes, or theatrical gestures, that inspire confidence in the forces of good?

But defending lawyers...now you've gone too far!

Anonymous said...

Indeed Doctor, I shall be watching this myself with interest (from a safe distance and in the shadows naturally). As like yourself some of my practices may have caused the odd mishap i.e. The destruction of a region or two and some casualties that ensued in the process - but such is the price of pushing back the boundaries of science, and we should not shirk from our work because of this.

Denver Hax